Cast-in-place concrete is an integral element of every building structure, and therefore a major concern with contractors.
Tekla Structures BIM (Building Information Modeling) software is a powerful tool that integrates reinforcement information with building materials and follows the entire project from design through to construction. It is the only solution where rebar information such as rebar bending schedules can be integrated and used for construction purposes.
Increased productivity and cost reduction
Detailing with Tekla Structures software greatly increases the productivity of reinforced concrete detailing. The Tekla model can be used to store and utilizes all 4D analyses, rebar quantities, and 'as-built' construction information within a single location.
- All design documentation for fabrication and erection is created in the parametric model
- Immediate detection of exact quantity and reinforcing bar placement information reduces project costs
- Routine tasks are executed automatically
- Read more in a study by Dr. Rafael Sacks
Enhanced collaboration and project management
Tekla Structures allows real-time collaboration between the reinforcing bar detailer, contractor and other project disciplines to create a smooth flow of information transfer.
- Users create construction level reinforcing information and analyze it with other design disciplines
- The platform supports interoperability through Tekla Open API™
Tekla Structures for reinforced concrete detailing covers the entire building process from conceptual design to fabrication, erection and construction management.