Tekla BIM software is the most advanced and integrated tool to manage detailing, fabrication, and erection. Tekla software lets you run better internal fabrication processes with increased efficiency, faster workflow, and improved quality. BIM enables fluent co-operation with contractors, which gives the fabricator competitive advantage. The Tekla model works as the basis for cost estimation, production planning, and job preparation, which eases the workflow.
Users of a Tekla model can automatically generate production information from the model and transfer it automatically to production planning and automation systems. Increased automation saves time and brings down waste as it reduces human errors. Last minute changes in fabrication drawings are easily managed and there is less manual work and data re-entry.
Increase of automation and prefabrication throughout construction processes is an industry trend, so more and more projects are required to follow BIM process. New business opportunities can open for capable fabricators. Accurately detailed 3D structural building information models help fabricators to manage production from fabrication to construction. With BIM, fabricators can increase co-operation with contractors by managing, updating and sharing process information easily.
Key benefits of BIM for fabrication
- Save in time and waste with automated process (nesting, optimized use of machinery etc.)
- Easily manage last minute changes in fabrication drawings
- Manage, update, share, view and comment status information
- New business opportunities in projects where BIM is necessity
- Accurately detailed 3D building information models for construction coordination and fabrication
- Smooth co-operation with contractors gives competitive advantage