Tekla Structures sofware uses FlexNet Publisher Licensing (further FlexNet), a system provided by Flexera Software. FlexNet is an activation-based floating licensing system. This licensing technology broadens licensing options and helps prevent unauthorized usage of Tekla Structures.
Activation-based licensing differs slightly from traditional license file-based licensing. In activation-based licensing you will need to
- Install and set up a license server either on a server computer to serve multiple users or on a single computer to serve a single user
- Activate your licenses; during the activation the license rights are transferred from Tekla to your company and the licenses become enabled at your end
- In a server computer system, point each client computer with Tekla Structures to the license server
Get started with Tekla Structures
To get started with Tekla Structures software license, you need
- An entitlement certificate that contains your license rights; your local Tekla Structures reseller emails you the entitlement certificate on request
- Tekla Structures License Server installation package (available on the Tekla Structures download page on the Tekla extranet)
- Tekla Structures installation package
Flexible license handling
- No hardware locks and password files
- Efficient handling of licenses. The licenses can be activated on a server in a local area network. When a user starts Tekla Structures, the software automatically obtains a license from the server. When the user no longer needs the license, the license is returned to the license server and it is available to another user.
- Multiple options for managing licenses. You do not have to install all of your licenses on the same server computer. You can, for example, activate half of your licenses on a common server and the rest of the licenses locally on individual user's laptop. You can easily change the location of the licenses by deactivating the licenses, and then reactivating them on another computer.
- Create user groups with different access rights. For example, users can be given access or denied access to certain Tekla Structures configurations or actions on those configurations.
- Borrowing a license for offline use. When users leave the office and have no connection to the license server, they can borrow licenses for a limited time for offline use. The borrowed license is reserved for the user until it expires or it is returned to the license pool.